Status: We manage our customers' and partners' personal information by hosting our own and foreign companies' hosting, cloud and CRM services.
1. According to the amendment law (Implementation of Information and Communications Network Act 9.23) concerning the transfer of overseas, it is said that according to the provisions of Article 63 (3) in this case, it is supposed that the consent for transfer of personal information is transferred.
2. I would like to know whether collection of personal information utilization consent is optional or mandatory in relation to the transfer of personal information abroad.
3. When collecting consent for personal information, I would like to know what to do if the subject of personal information is changed to a third party. I would like to know if I need to collect my consent to collect personal information again, and whether it is also possible for the personal information provider to be notified in such a way.
We would be grateful if you could provide us with the related legal documents or related materials.
end. When transferring personal information to an overseas cloud in accordance with Article 63 of the Information and Communications Network Act, you must notify the user of all of the matters stipulated in Article 63 (3) of the Information and Communications Network Act and obtain consent from the user.
B. The revised Information and Communication Network Act (enforced on Jun. 23, 1693) requires all of the items in subparagraph (3) to be disclosed in the personal information handling policy as necessary for the implementation of the contract for the provision of information and communication services and for the improvement of user convenience. Or notify the user through e-mail, etc., that the user may not go through the consent process for consigning or storing personal information.
C. If the existing domestic web hosting or its own server is operated by simply transferring the repository to an overseas cloud, it will be necessary to implement contracts for the provision of information and communication services and to improve user convenience.
(E) In the event that an information or communication service provider, etc., in accordance with Article 26 of the Information and Communications Network Act, transfers the personal information of a user to another person through transfer or merger of all or part of the business, You must notify the user in accordance with such methods.
1. Facts about transferring personal information
2. The name of the person to whom the personal information is transferred (hereinafter referred to as "business transferor, etc.") (in the case of a corporation, the name of the corporation,
3. If the user does not want to transfer personal information, the method and procedure
4. We would like to thank you for your interest and advice on personal information protection. If you have any additional questions, please call the Civil Affairs Office of the Korea Communications Commission (02-500-9000). Thank you. End.
Article 24-2 of the Act on Promotion of Information Network Usage and Information Protection, etc. (Consent to provide personal information, etc.)
Promotion of information network use and information protection law Article 25 (consignment of handling of personal information)
Article 63 of the Act on Promotion of Information Network Usage and Information Protection, etc. (Protection of Personal Information Transferring Overseas)